Held at the Quarry Arts Centre, Whangarei, by the Northland Craft Trust (NCT)
- Entry Criteria
- The category is ‘open’, meaning all styles of ceramic craft and art work are acceptable for entry.
- There are no size requirements (within reason, our gallery is small).
- Only New Zealand residents or citizens are eligible to enter.
- The entered piece must have been made independently, not part of a class or course.
- The entered piece must have been undertaken in the 12 months prior to 12 August 2023.
- The entered piece must not have been previously exhibited. Pieces that are similar to previously entered are likely to be sent through to the final round of judging.
- The entered piece must be the original work of the entrant. Joint entries are permitted as long as all parties are acknowledged on the entry form and all parties agree to the T&Cs.
- All artwork must be for sale.
- Entries can be submitted via online entry form or printed hard copy.
- Please ensure all information is accurate before submitting your entry.
- Artists are required to submit an Artist Statement (50 word max) and a Technical Process Statement (50 word max) relating to the entered ceramic piece.
- 3 high quality images of the entered artwork are required. Images must be jpegs 5MB max.
- Entry is only considered with a completed official entry form and payment of entry fee.
- Entries close at 11.59pm on Saturday 12 August 2023. Late entries will not be accepted.
- Selection and Judging of Work
- The Judge and selection panel will not have access to information to identify the artist as far as practical.
- The selection panel will view entries from photos to select works that will be invited to the finalists exhibition and judging for prizes.
- The judge and selection panel reserve the right to reject entries at their discretion for a variety of reasons including but not limited to gallery space, damage, material appropriate.
- Finalists will be notified by Monday 28 August that their entry has been selected for Finals Exhibition and Awards.
- The awards will be announced on Friday 13 October 2023.
- All exhibiting artists are invited to attend the Quarry Ceramic Awards opening event.
- The judge’s decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The non-refundable entry fee of $30 can be paid by bank deposit or online banking or in person at Quarry Arts Centre (cash or eftpos).
- Payment must be made when the artist has submitted their online entry form or when a hard copy is delivered to the front desk at the Quarry Art Centre.
- Entry fee payment details: Account name: Northland Craft Trust.
- Account number: 12-3115-0168720-00
“Particulars” = Artist Name, “Code” = Entry Fee and “Reference” = QC Awards
- Delivery of Artwork
- All artwork (including hand delivered) must be well packaged in clearly identifiable and easy to reuse packaging. This is to 1. protect artwork as it arrives and is stored and 2. for when sales need to be couriered around the country.
- If the ceramic artwork needs to be assembled, the artist must include instructions with packaging on how the artwork is to be assembled.
- Artwork to be hung on the wall please make sure you have a secure hanging system on the back of the artwork.
- Works shortlisted for the QCA exhibition are to arrive at The Quarry Arts Centre by 4pm Saturday 23 September 2023.
- Works shortlisted are to be delivered to: Quarry Ceramics Awards, The Quarry Arts Centre, 21 Selwyn Ave, Whangarei 0110. The artist will be notified with a condition report after the piece has arrived and been checked.
- Freight and Insurance
- Forward and return freight is the responsibility of the artist. Unsold artwork will be couriered back to the artist at the artist’s expense (unless personally picked up).
- Insurance is the artist’s responsibility. All transit insurance costs are to be met by the artist. The Northland Craft Trust accepts no liability for lost or damaged artworks during transit.
- The Northland Craft Trust will take all reasonable care with the ceramic artworks while at The Quarry Arts Centre and on display in the Yvonne Rust Gallery, but will not be liable under any circumstances whatsoever for damage caused to any works irrespective of how that damage is caused.
- The Northland Craft Trust will take all reasonable care in returning the work in its original packaging; but will take no responsibility for any damage that may occur in transit.
- Sales and Commissions
- All works must be for sale.
- 30% commission (GST included) which will be deducted from the sale price on all works sold.
- Payment for sold works will be made after the exhibition has finished.
- The award winners will be announced at the exhibition opening event. This is not an acquisitional award. Therefore, the winning work will be available to purchase.
- To find the retail price: Retail Price = Artist Price divided by 0.7 .
- The Quarry Ceramic Awards reserves the right to photograph and or reproduce images of any finalist artwork for catalogue and/or publicity and marketing purposes .
- Pick-up and Return of Artwork
- The Northland Craft Trust will return unsold work to physical NZ addresses (no PO boxes) via courier.
- The artist will be liable for return costs if work is unsold.
- Pick up: Pick up must happen within 10 days of the exhibition closing. The Northland Craft Trust accepts no responsibility for artwork after this time and will charge for storage
- Courier: Artists will receive an invoice with courier costs. Work will be sent when the invoice is paid.
- Privacy and Personal Information
- Access to your personal information will be limited to the use by the Northland Craft Trust and Quarry Ceramic Awards organisation only. This personal information will be recorded on the Northland Craft Trust database system and cannot be accessed by any unauthorised person.
Important Dates and Times
Saturday 12 August – Entries close at 11.59pm – via online or paper form. Photos and entry fees must be paid ($30).
Monday 28 August – Entrants will be notified regarding selection to Finalist exhibition.
Saturday 23 September – Deadline 4pm for selected work to be delivered to Quarry Art Centre.
Friday 13th October – Exhibition opening event 5pm. Award winners announced. Sales open.
13 September – 11 November – Exhibition runs at the Yvonne Rust Gallery, Mon – Sat 9:30am – 4:30pm.
18th November – All unsold items to be collected or to be returned via courier.