Held at the Quarry Arts Centre, by the Northland Craft Trust (NCT)
- Entry Criteria
All styles of ceramic craft and art work are acceptable for entry.
- Only New Zealand residents or citizens are eligible to enter.
- The entered piece must have been made independently, not part of a class or course.
- The entered piece must have been undertaken in the 12 months prior to 31 July 2022.
- The entered piece must not have been previously exhibited.
- The entered piece must be the original work of the entrant. Joint entries are permitted as long as all parties are acknowledged on the entry form and all parties agree to the T&Cs.
- Entries can be submitted via online entry form or printed hard copy.
- Please ensure all information is accurate before submitting your entry.
- Artists are required to submit an Artist Statement (50 word max) and a Technical Process Statement (50 word max) relating to the entered ceramic piece.
- 3 high quality images of the entered artwork are required. Images must be jpegs 5MB max.
- Entries close at 5pm on Sunday 31 July 2022. Late entries will not be accepted.
- Entry is only considered with a completed official entry form and payment of entry fee.
- Selection and Judging of Work
- The Judge and selection panel will not have access to information to identify the artist as far as practical.
- The selection panel will view entries from photos to select works that will be invited to the finalists exhibition and judging for prizes.
- The judge and selection panel reserve the right to reject entries at their discretion for a variety of reasons including but not limited to gallery space, damage, material appropriate.
- Finalists will be notified by Sunday 7 August that their entry has been selected for Finals Exhibition and Awards.
- The awards will be announced on Friday 23 September 2022.
- All exhibiting artists are invited to attend the Quarry Ceramic Awards opening event.
- The judge’s decision will be final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The non-refundable entry fee of $30 can be paid by bank deposit or online banking or in person at Quarry Arts Centre (cash or eftpos).
- Payment must be made when the artist has submitted their online entry form or when a hard copy is delivered to the front desk at the Quarry Art Centre.
- Entry fee payment details: Account name: Northland Craft Trust.
- Account number: 12-3115-0168720-00
“Particulars” = Artist Name, “Code” = Entry Fee and “Reference” = QC Awards
- Delivery of Artwork
- Artists must ensure that their artwork is well packaged in clearly identifiable and easy to reuse packaging.
- If the ceramic artwork needs to be assembled, the artist must include instructions with packaging on how the artwork is to be assembled.
- Artwork to be hung on the wall please make sure you have a secure hanging system on the back of the artwork.
- Works shortlisted for the QCA exhibition are to arrive at The Quarry Arts Centre by 4pm Wednesday 31 August 2022.
- Works shortlisted are to be delivered to: Quarry Ceramics Awards, The Quarry Arts Centre, 21 Selwyn Ave, Whangarei 0110.The artist will be notified with a condition report after the piece has arrived and been checked.
- Freight and Insurance
- Forward and return freight is the responsibility of the artist.
- Insurance is the artist’s responsibility. All transit insurance costs are to be met by the artist. The Northland Craft Trust accepts no liability for lost or damaged artworks during transit.
- The Northland Craft Trust will take all reasonable care with the ceramic artworks while at The Quarry Arts Centre and on display in the Yvonne Rust Gallery, but will not be liable under any circumstances whatsoever for damage caused to any works irrespective of how that damage is caused.
- The Northland Craft Trust will take all reasonable care in returning the work in its original packaging; but will take no responsibility for any damage that may occur in transit.
- Sales and Commissions
- All works must be for sale.
- 30% commission (GST included) which will be deducted from the sale price on all works sold.
- Payment for sold works will be made after the exhibition has finished.
- The award winners will be announced at the exhibition opening event. This is not an acquisitional award. Therefore, the winning work will be available to purchase.
- To find the retail price: Retail Price = Artist Price divided by 0.7 .
- The Quarry Ceramic Awards reserves the right to photograph and or reproduce images of any finalist artwork for catalogue and/or publicity and marketing purposes .
- Pick-up and Return of Artwork
- The Northland Craft Trust will return unsold work to physical NZ addresses (no PO boxes) via courier.
- The artist will be liable for return costs if work is unsold.
- Pick up: Pick up must happen within 10 days of the exhibition closing. The Northland Craft Trust accepts no responsibility for artwork after this time and will charge for storage
- Courier: Artists will receive an invoice with courier costs. Work will be sent when the invoice is paid.
- Privacy and Personal Information
- Access to your personal information will be limited to the use by the Northland Craft Trust and Quarry Ceramic Awards organisation only. This personal information will be recorded on the Northland Craft Trust database system and cannot be accessed by any unauthorised person.
Important Dates and Times
Sunday 31 July – Entries close at 5pm – online/photos. All entry fees to be paid ($30).
Sunday 7 August – Entrants will be notified regarding selection to Finalist exhibition.
Wednesday 31 August – Deadline 4pm for selected work to be delivered to Quarry Art Centre.
Friday 23rd September – Exhibition opening event 5pm. Award winners announced. Sales open.
23 September – 28 October – Exhibition runs at the Yvonne Rust Gallery, Mon – Sat 9:30am – 4:30pm.
8th November – All unsold items to be collected or to be returned via courier.